Newsletter: Volume 3, Number 2, April-June 2017
Hello from Petit Jean...
We continue to have mild weather and lots of rain this spring. Great weather to come to Petit Jean and visit The Museum of Automobiles. We are open year-round, 10:00am to 5:00pm. Tell your friends.
The selection by our visitors for Car of the Month for this quarter were:
- April: 1948 Willys-Overland Jeepster
- May: 1914 Cretor's Popcorn Machine
- June: 1958 Corvette.
Be sure to vote your choice when you come visit.
Our Annual Fundraising Drive is in progress. So far, we have collected $30,480 of our $112,500 goal for 2017. Please keep the museum in mind when planning your annual contributions. Contributions to the museum are tax-deductible. You can send them to:
The Museum of Automobiles
8 Jones Lane
Morrilton AR 72110
Our first two car shows are now in the history books. The Mustangs on the Mountain car registration was down from last year due to threatening weather on Friday night and Saturday morning. Many thanks to Rick and Smokey Woods for their efforts in coordinating this show. The MOTAA Petit Jean Show was well attended. An estimated 65,000 people were here.
We still have these shows remaining this year:
- September 3, 2017: Ford Econoline Show
- September 20-23, 2017: Fall Petit Jean Swap Meet, Military Vehicle and Open Car Shows
- September 30, 2017: Motor Maids on the Mountain
We still have several items for sale:
- 1987 Mecedes 560 SEC: Price reduced to $10,000
- 1970 Jacobsen Cruiser II 3 Wheeler: $2500
- 1991 Vendor Traler & 22,500 Automobile Ads: $15,000
- 2009 Cub Cadet LTX1042 Lawn Tractor: Price reduced to $1,000
Come visit the Museum when you get a chance!